Sabha canteen chit-chats - 22/12

Thanks to our cook at home who didn't turn up due to some personal reasons, I had to eat out today.

Having managed Breakfast with an Oats bar, I was feeling really hungry after the morning concert. Lunch was at Gnanmibga at NGS. Gnanambiga is supposed to be the best Sabha place for tiffin but somehow I ended up at the wrong time. Most of the different items were not available at the time I went. Having decided to take tiffin, I ended up eating Onion Rava dosa and Idiyappam. They were tasty but nothing to really write about.

Dinner was at Parthasarathy Sabha. I decided to go for new items out and out. Chocolate dosa was first. It was a ghee roast laced with chocolate sauce. To be frank I had expected more innovation and more chocolate sauce but it was still tasty, made even tastier by "Kaadhal enum theevinile" sounding at a distance. The other item chosen was Double decker idly. This was a colourful set of idlies stuffed with Chutneys on one side. The taste was good and I finally washed it down with a strong filter coffee.

For company today, I was joined towards the end by an angry old man, who seemed to me to be Vishwamithrar without his Jadaamudi. He waited impatiently for a few minutes and was cross at the waiter for not even giving him a menu card. Then he asked for Masal Dosa which was not available, so he chose Adai Aviyal from the menu. The waiter returned after 5 minutes and said Adai was over which really irritated Mr.V. He really flared up and said, " get me coffee. Hope atleast that is available!". We both finished at the same time. Wonder who lost out. I thought the word angry was supposed to be associated with young men!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

India's date with the moon

An Ode to the regular readers of my blog

A truly amazing person