Friday, August 15, 2014

சுதந்திரம்

On Independence day a few years back, I heard a very ordinary song on independence. I left that place wondering why people had to take the trouble to write something new when the mahakavi had written so many beautiful songs. That also made me wonder what I would write if at all I did describing independence.

Believe me, I thought a thousand times before writing this but when an idea like this starts forming it is very difficult not to write it down .. with due apologies to the mahakavi


காற்றில் மிதக்கும் கொடியின்
அசைவில் புன்னகை புரியும்
சுதந்திரம்

கரையைத் தழுவும் கடலின்
அலையில் பொங்கும் இன்பம்
சுதந்திரம்

மலர்கள் தூவும் சோலைகள்
நிழலில் தங்கும் அமைதி
சுதந்திரம்

மழையின் முடிவில் வானில்
விளையும் வானவில் அழகில்
சுதந்திரம்

எண்ணம் யாவும் எழுத்தில்
வடிக்கும் கவிஞனின் படைப்பில்
சுதந்திரம்!

No comments: