Sunday, April 20, 2008

My first Poem

My daughter got hold of one of my old note books while we were cleaning my book shelf. It was full of poems that I had written over a few years.

I am giving the first one below. This was the first time I tried writing a poem way back in Mar 1997. I took one of the poems written by my uncle and tried to see if I could write something on similar lines. All lines to be interpreted as a young boy talking about his mother :-)

நான் இன்று உன்னிடம் வருவேன்
மார்கழி மாதப் பனிக் காற்றாய்
மாலை நேரத்து இளம் தென்றலாய்
நான் இன்று உன்னிடம் வருவேன்
ஒரு மழலையின் ஆர்வத்தோடு
கண்கள் விரிய நீ கதை சொல்வது
எத்தனை அழகு என்று சொல்லிப் போவதற்கு . .

நான் இன்று உன்னிடம் வருவேன்
மழையைக் கொணரும் கரு முகிலாய்
இன்பம் பொங்கும் கடல் அலையாய்
நான் இன்று உன்னிடம் வருவேன்
என் நெற்றியில் விழும் முடி விலக்கி
நீ கனிவாய் பதிக்கும் முத்தம்
எத்தனை அழகு என்று சொல்லிப் போவதற்கு . .

No comments: