Thursday, January 1, 2009

Another year gone

Ah .. another new year. I just finished musing about life and the need for decisions every moment. Years pass and leave me enriched mostly, they leave me depleted sometimes but always a year older and with an increase in the amount of white hair on my head. Another year gone!

Going back to my favourite poem Ulysses about which I blogged earlier

http://parthakannan.blogspot.com/2008/12/to-strive-to-seek-to-find-and-not-to.html

Maybe Ulysses (or Tennyson rather) sang thus on new year eve when he was musing about life and wondering about getting older with the passing year like me.


I am a part of all that I have met;
Yet all experience is an arch wherethro'
Gleams that untravell'd world whose margin fades
For ever and forever when I move.



and then took a new year resolution

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Another interpretation.. Good poetry is that which reflects your mind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

no post in 4 day.. we need new posts :)

Janani Srikanth said...

"Good poetry is that which reflects your mind " - As long as your intelligent enough to read through good poetry and philosophical enough to reflect..!