Tuesday, December 25, 2012

T.N.Krishnan at Music Academy

It was Christmas special today at Music Academy. The Violin trio of T.N.Krishnan with Sriram and Viji Krishnan at 9:15 am. I had missed their concert and Parthasarathy Sabha and marked this one as a must attend.  I had set the alarm in mobile but unfortunately didn't notice that it was for 7:30 pm! I woke up around 8:45 am and had to really rush. By the time I reached the academy it was 9:25 am but the parking was full and I had to rally around to St.Ebbas school, which cost me another 15 mins. I found my way to the balcony at 9:45 am, as the hall below was full. I found the same seat I had sat in at Shreya Ghoshal's concert a few months back. First row corner seat with a good view and enough space to stretch my long legs.

The first song was one of the Panchratna Krithis, "Endharo Mahanu bhavulu". There was an elaborate main song which I liked but failed to recognize. The maestro then spoke and he wished the audience a merry christmas and a happy new year. He even followed it up by playing "Jingle bells" on the Violin. The popular english note in Sankara Bharanam was lovely. Sriram and Viji played perfect foil and the trio dished out a real treat. After 2 hours I walked out thinking that if Goddess Saraswati were to listen to the maestro, she would give the Violin a serious thought. The packed audience fittingly gave them a standing ovation.

No comments: