Wednesday, November 5, 2008

No trick Only treat for Obama

It is all treat for Obama a week after Hallowen. I hail America and all Americans for the recent presidential election results.

What impressed me was that people have given priority to current issues and have also gone for a younger person over someone with huge experience.

The media says Barrack Obama has made history. I think it is the American citizens as a whole who have made history by giving preference for the above two points over something trivial as the Colour of the skin.

I have listened to Martin Luther King Jr's powerful "I have a dream speech" fully and he makes the following remark in that speech.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

It is arguable whether King's dream has fully come true given that Obama is African American but I think it is great to see it atleast partially come true. This must have definitely made Martin Luther King stir in his grave. This is a defining moment and borrowing words from King himself, this is not an end but a beginning.

At this moment when the world is showering praise on America for a bold decision, I wonder how good it will be if we get some fresh faces in the Indian political scene as well. Does destiny have this in store for mother India in the near future? Isn't it upto the people to shape a country's destiny?

1 comment:

Janani Srikanth said...

It was heartening to see America elect a relatively younger person with a Big dream. More than being African-American, Obama is a balanced human being with futuristic views. I do hope there is great progress for America soon..!!